• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Carnival Itinerary Changes and Travel Alerts

Iam going on a carnival cruise oct7-11 to the Bahamas and now the port of call is Freeport not at all wanted my trip to be cause of the hurricane my concern is safety and health risk around all the devastation, I wish I knew the exact environment

Iam going on a carnival cruise oct7-11 to the Bahamas and now the port of call is Freeport not at all wanted my trip to be cause of the hurricane my concern is safety and health risk around all the devastation, I wish I knew the exact environment
The environment there is changing daily and it's still a few weeks before your cruise. I would not expect the cruise line would make a port call in Freeport during your cruise if there was concern for your safety or health.

On the other hand the people of Grand Bahama and the Abaco Islands are hurting right now. They need a lot of things and one of the greatest of all is tourism dollars to start flowing in once again. 60% of the GDP for the Bahamas and 50% of it's workforce is tourism related.

A single ship making a call in Freeport will bring thousands to the economy. Docking fees combined with passenger spending ashore and crew spending ashore will be vital to helping the Bahamian people.

Look at it as a great way to help your fellow man. If you still feel uncomfortable getting off the ship when you get there, don't. Look at it as a small sacrifice during your vacation to help those who have lost so much ...loved ones, jobs, a roof over their head and any sense of stability in their lives.

Carnival Breeze, is it still going to dock in San Juan on Tuesday with Tropical Storm Karen also is headed that way?

At this time Carnival Breeze is still scheduled to port in San Juan tomorrow.

carnival-breeze.jpg

Tropical Storm Karen is currently a minimum Tropical Storm with maximum sustained winds near 40mph with little expected change in strength over the next 48 hours due to the presence of northeasterly shear that should remain over the storm for the next day.

Hi Greg. Appreciate your help!
On the Carnival Pride sailing this Sunday (Sept 29); (1) any idea of the possible impact of TS Karen and (2) will it still be making port in Freeport? If not, would you think they will have an additional Sea Day or might there be a substitute port of call?
Thanks!

Hi Greg. Appreciate your help!
On the Carnival Pride sailing this Sunday (Sept 29); (1) any idea of the possible impact of TS Karen and (2) will it still be making port in Freeport? If not, would you think they will have an additional Sea Day or might there be a substitute port of call?
Thanks!

It's still hard to tell this far out with such a weak storm at this point. Most models do have the storm making a hard left turn toward the Bahamas on Thursday Night/Friday Morning, that being said most models also have it not strengthening further than a Tropical Storm the whole time.

Here are some of the latest models on TS Karen (12L):

12L_tracks_latest.png 12L_intensity_latest.pngAL122019_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker