• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Issue With Pride of America's - Bridge (Forward) Camera Link

aunnie53

This is the worst website I have ever been to. My parents are on a cruise and there is a hurricane in the waters and I have yet to be able to locate the ship or view any footage through the camera view. :mad:

The Norwegian Pride of America's onboard camera has had issues off and on for a long time that are completely out of our control. We can only display what the ship actually sends out. We have updated the Pride of America Bridge Camera page to clearly state this.

Tracking a ship is done by using VHF land based AIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Identification_System"]Automatic Identification System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) data which is very susceptible to many things including weather. Trying to track a ship in and/or around severe weather can be nearly impossible because the signal strength will be greatly degraded and the ship's detectable range from the shore based AIS receivers greatly reduced.

Using our "Map Option A: Last Recorded Position" the Pride of America's last reported position approximately 3 hours ago was on the leeward (protected) side of Kaua'i.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker