• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Cunard webcams

'Ere we go again! All three Cunard cams have frozen - almost simultaneously. QM2 has just left New York and has a static day time screen, even at night! QV & QE are in different ports, but both are displaying night time "at sea" screens. Could Cunard's subs be overdue AGAIN?

As if by magic it's all change with the three Cunard webcams! QM2 a new and updating picture mid Atlantic, QV a new picture, QE an apology - the normal one - for satellite strength. Well at least it's different to the night time sea view of the last four or five days...
My biggest beef about all this is that neither Cunard nor Cruisin has the decency to make a comment on these failures of the cams. As all three ships' webcam connections disappear and reappear simultaneously, I think this has to be an issue between Cunard and Cruisin. Come on, own up. People will think all the better of you...

The issues with the Cunard cameras resides with Cunard either onboard or in there computer servers relaying the image from the ship to the internet. If you go to Cunard website you will see the same camera issues also reside there. We here at Cruising Earth have no control of this. As soon as the image is one again available it will be shown here on Cruising Earth.

The issues with the Cunard cameras resides with Cunard either onboard or in there computer servers relaying the image from the ship to the internet. If you go to Cunard website you will see the same camera issues also reside there. We here at Cruising Earth have no control of this. As soon as the image is one again available it will be shown here on Cruising Earth.
It’s happened again at the end of March 2021 when all three Cunard ship webcams froze at the same time. I know it’s not Cruisin’s fault, so it has to be the server in Cunard’s shore-based head office where someone has thrown the wrong switch and turned off their server. I can guarantee that, as before, all three cameras will spring into life at the same time, probably just after the Easter break when the person who knows the password returns to the office!

It’s happened again at the end of March 2021 when all three Cunard ship webcams froze at the same time. I know it’s not Cruisin’s fault, so it has to be the server in Cunard’s shore-based head office where someone has thrown the wrong switch and turned off their server. I can guarantee that, as before, all three cameras will spring into life at the same time, probably just after the Easter break when the person who knows the password returns to the office!
Lo and behold! Three days after the Easter break all three cameras are up and running as I predicted. When’s the next “holiday weekend”? I’ll be watching the camera unless, of course, someone unplugs the server again!

Lo and behold! Three days after the Easter break all three cameras are up and running as I predicted. When’s the next “holiday weekend”? I’ll be watching the camera unless, of course, someone unplugs the server again!
It seems that the server has been unplugged yet again! Less than 24 hours after restoring the connections, all three ship cameras have frozen again. What’s the excuse this time?

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker