• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Price of Beer and Drinks IN PORTS

junkbox849

I was wondering if anyone had a rough idea of how much drink ashore in Nassa Bahamas, Grand Turk, and Ocho Rios is while in port. Any info on the best place to buy Beer would be while in those ports.

We were in Nassau and Grand Turk June 12 on the Fantasy. Nassau was OK, if you go through the Straw market there were lots of bars to choose from that seemed good. There is an area where the locals eat called the Fish Fry, Arawak Cay. You can walk there from the terminal (kinda long walk) or you can take the #10 Jitney for about $1.50. We felt very safe walking around this area. There's always Senior Frogs next to the Straw market. We also went to the Asdastra Gardens Zoo and Conservation Center with our grand daughter and had a blast. Did our own thing Jitney 10 to Arawak Cay and walked about 1/2 mile to zoo. It cost us about 21.00 total to get there, visit the zoo and get back. Carnival had an excursion to do this plus a tour of the city for about 46.00. We walked the city after the zoo and saw and saved money.

I strongly suggest that when you go to Grand Turk, you walk through the tourist trap of Margaritaville, get on the beach and walk about 400 yards to the Local Bar and Restaurant (you'll see all the flags out front). Free lounge chairs, WIFI and $3.50 local beer. They'll offer you a free shot of the local rum, which was very good, and they have great food (conch fritters, **** chicken). Check it out
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...r_Restaurant-Grand_Turk_Turks_and_Caicos.html
Also bring a couple of boxes of Rice Krispies from the ship. You can feed the fish when you're in the water. A fellow cruiser did this and we had dozens of good sized fish feeding all around us. We also saw 2 sting rays swim by while we were there. It was one of the highlights of our cruise.
Hope this helps.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker