• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Kids Club aging up?

Slodell

We're sailing on Carnival Magic on 2/29/20!!!! Almost there!!!!! Anyway, my son will be 11 when we sail, but will turn 12 shortly after we get back. I'm worried that if he wants to do an activity he'll be stuck with the younger kids. Does the 12-14/15 age group take kids who are ALMOST 12? His older sister (13) will be in that group, can she bring him along to something?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know all cruise lines are pretty strict with their age policies, because if something happens and the policy that a parent agreed to when signing up a child wasn't followed exactly then the cruise line would be held liable.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The age groups are split pretty well (only 3 ages in each) and there are many times the different age groups are together allowing siblings of different ages to interact with each other.

You can also always ask once your oboard, but be aware the policy says it's a strict "No" on aging up.

Thank you. I find it very likely that he will avoid the kids club if he's stuck with the younger kids. That's okay though as there's plenty of other things to do on the ship.

It depends on how many kids are onboard. My 11.5 year old son moved up to the 12-14 age group on one of our cruises, but it was a January cruise and there was one group with several home-school families and not many other kids.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker