• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Carnival Cheers Beverage Program

rickandgoo

Hello. We are on the Liberty in November and looking at buying the Cheers deal. The one question I can't seem to find the answer to is does the 15 drink cap mean 15 drinks each or 15 drinks total for both guests in the stateroom. For the cost of two people in the deal you would get 13 $8 drinks anyway so this doesn't seem such a good deal.:cool:

15 drinks per person in the program.

At $49.95 per day per person ($57.45 with the 15% gratuity). Total of $114.90 per day with gratuity for the two of you.

$114.90 / 30 drinks = Average of $3.83 per drink you would be paying in the program.

Isn't it 15 alcoholic drinks per day, per person? It says unlimited non-alcoholic drinks and sodas. Also doesn't include frozen alcoholic drinks :(. Another question is what about iced tea, lemonade? We just booked a cruise on the Splendor in February and I'm trying to figure out the options now.....thanks!

Isn't it 15 alcoholic drinks per day, per person?

Yes, the limit is on alcoholic drinks & non-alcoholic frozen drinks, that is what I thought the original poster was inquiring about.

...Also doesn't include frozen alcoholic drinks :(.

All alcoholic drinks, including frozen drinks, are covered under the program as long as their price is $10.00 or under (over $10.00 you will pay the difference in price). The reference you see to "Sodas and non-alcoholic frozen drinks" just refers to the non-alcoholic drinks which are also included under the Cheers Program. Sodas are unlimited, all alcoholic drinks and non-alcoholic frozen drinks will count against your limit of 15 for the day.

Another question is what about iced tea, lemonade?

Coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, unsweetened iced tea, lemonade, orange juice, milk and water (fountain, not bottled) are free throughout the cruise.

As to the Drinks of the Day -- you can get the drink itself, in a glass, under the Cheers Program, it's always costing less than $10. I happened to like the coconuts used for the drinks one day on our cruise on the Victory two years ago so I bought them separately, they hold a special place in our Tiki Bar at home! Don't see why frozen drinks (e.g. Margaritas) wouldn't be included -- as long as they aren't in a novelty glass and cost under $10, it's fair game.

Cheers Program

Hello. We are on the Liberty in November and looking at buying the Cheers deal. The one question I can't seem to find the answer to is does the 15 drink cap mean 15 drinks each or 15 drinks total for both guests in the stateroom. For the cost of two people in the deal you would get 13 $8 drinks anyway so this doesn't seem such a good deal.:cool:

It's 15 drinks each. But you also have to remember that when in port you will not be on the ship so you may not reach your 15 drinks.

Are there really NO Exceptions?

Does anyone know if they make exceptions to the rule that if one person in the staterooom wants to participate in the cheers program, everyone over the age of 21 must buy into it. What if one is pregnant or unable to drink due to doctors orders. Seems unfair to make both guests purchase it, if only one will be drinking...Anybody have any insight??

Does anyone know if they make exceptions to the rule that if one person in the staterooom wants to participate in the cheers program, everyone over the age of 21 must buy into it. What if one is pregnant or unable to drink due to doctors orders. Seems unfair to make both guests purchase it, if only one will be drinking...Anybody have any insight??

The official Carnival Policy is "No Exceptions".

Have there been reported exceptions? Yes. The only reported exception I have personally heard of was when an individual was obviously pregnant. I've heard this exception occurring multiple times over the last year, but it is far from standard practice. Over the same time frame I have heard of many more obviously pregnant individuals that were not allowed to be excluded.

As for a Dr.'s excuse I would doubt it highly if that would ever work. Although in a perfect World it should, but in the World we live in most anyone can print out an official looking Dr.'s excuse in a couple minutes from their home computer.

There are definitely some legitimate excuses, including but not limited to recovering alcoholics, pregnant women, religious beliefs, medical issues, etc. The issue lies in trying to verify all the valid claims from the individuals just trying to cheat the program. The task to verify would be nearly impossible and in the end would cost the cruise line a lot of time and money. Eventually, it would probably result in the whole program being discontinued. That is why Carnival has chosen to go with the "No Exceptions" policy.

Thank you Greg! I did call carnival to inquire, but they said no exceptions, including all the scenarios I mentioned. Oh well, my husband won't be enrolling in the cheers program. He only drinks beer anyway. I am not pregnant (and would never lie and say I was), but I don't drink. And at almost $600 for him to drink 15 beers a day is insane. Again, thanks Greg for insight :)

The information on Cruisin, updated as of August 8, 2014, now lists a price of $ 45 for a four day cruise. That would bring the cost down to $ 51.75 per day with gratuity, and $ 207 per person for the four days.

I also checked the specific menus, and found that almost all of the cocktails, all the beer, and all but a couple of the wines by the glass are under $ 10. Many of the better wines are sold only in the bottle. This deal is looking better.

I would also like to add to this that as far as the Cheers program is concerned, if you can drink more than 5 glasses of wine, mixed or frozen alcoholic drinks or 8 beers per day per person it is worth it to purchase it. The new pricing makes it a better deal but on this website I found that it stated on the Cay's (Half Moon and Little Stirrup) you can get soda with cheers. It also says you can with Bottomless Bubbles as well. I called Carnival to verify and that is incorrect. You cannot use either program for ANY drinks on the Cay's period. You have to pay extra for anything you drink on the Cay's except if you get a cabana or villa then you get soda and water with them. But the new pricing is correct and Bottomless Bubbles gets taxed if you purchase while still in port but Cheers does not. Hope this helps.

Just to clarify a couple of points mentioned above.
For drinks priced more than $ 10.00, there is a 25% discount with the cheers program, rather than paying the amount above the $ 10 limit. Those drinks count against the 15 per day limit.
Sodas and non alcoholic frozen drinks do not count against the 15 drink limit. The limit is 15 alcoholic drinks.

If you get on the ship and go straight to the bar to get a welcome drink and your cheers sticker, you will be charged tax on any drinks purchased while you are in a US port, but not on the cost of the cheers program itself.

dsgbill's post above is very helpful in figuring whether cheers is worth it for you. If each person in your cabin averages 7 to 8 drinks or more per day, you'll save some money. More importantly, with your drinks paid for, you won't be worrying about how much the drink costs, as long as it's under $ 10. You'll just order what you like.

... I found that it stated on the Cay's (Half Moon and Little Stirrup) you can get soda with cheers. It also says you can with Bottomless Bubbles as well. I called Carnival to verify and that is incorrect.

Pages have been updated. Both of these were possible up until earlier this year, both pages now reflect the current policy.

Hi - we are going on our first cruise on 8th Nov and were going to purchase the Cheers package at 37.50 each per day but not sure at 49.50.... are drinks on board generally $9 or so each? even for a beer?

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker