• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

First Steel Cut on New 135,000-ton Carnival Vista, Set To Debut in 2016

Cruising Earth News

Administrator
Staff member
carnival-vista4.jpg

Construction on the 135,000-ton Carnival Vista is officially underway!

Earlier this week at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy, the first steel was cut on Carnival Cruise Lines’ newest “Fun Ship,” which is slated to enter service in spring 2016.

Following the initial start-up of construction, workers will now begin building out the 4,000-passenger ship which will feature a variety of dining, bar and entertainment options that are part of the line’s Fun Ship 2.0 product enhancement initiative as well as several innovations unique to this vessel. Carnival Vista will be the 25[SUP]th[/SUP] vessel in the Carnival Cruise Lines’ fleet.

Additional details on Carnival Vista’s homeport, itinerary and design innovations will be announced in the future.

Does anyone have any facts about this ship at this time? i.e. length, beam, GRT, etc.? Also has anyone been able to locate any illustrations?

As far as I know most of the specs haven't been released yet. The numbers that have been reported are 135,000 GT, 23 knots cruising, 4000 passengers and 2000 crew. As compared to the Carnival Breeze which is 128,500 GT, 22.5 knots cruising, 3690 passengers and 1386 crew.

I'm not sure how accurate those numbers are, especially the passenger to crew ratio of 2:1 seems pretty high. If it is truly 4000 passengers I'd expect the crew number to be closer to 1500.

As for illustrations I haven't seen anything published yet. She's still a mystery ship.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker