• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Carnival Drydock Schedule

CruzCrazy

Great info on the DryDock schedule. I think it's hard to keep up with which ships have what amenities and especially which ships have FunShip 2.0.

However, I see that Triumph is listed under FunShip 2.0 as "No." Don't all the upgrades the Triumph just received qualify as FunShip 2.0?

Thanks for pointing that out. It was updated in the last few days and is correctly showing the Triumph as "Yes" under the Funship 2.0 column now.

I see that the Carnival Victory is supposed to be refurbished in March of 2014, according the the http://shipcruise.org"]shipcruise.org website, yet to double check this I searched for booking a cruise on it in March, and alas, it is available! How am I guaranteed to know a refurbishment date? I wouldn't really care, except I'm planning my wedding on a cruise for May 2014 and would really prefer a refurbished ship! Thanks.

I see that the Carnival Victory is supposed to be refurbished in March of 2014, according the the http://shipcruise.org"]shipcruise.org website, yet to double check this I searched for booking a cruise on it in March, and alas, it is available! How am I guaranteed to know a refurbishment date? I wouldn't really care, except I'm planning my wedding on a cruise for May 2014 and would really prefer a refurbished ship! Thanks.

It's quite common for dry dock dates to move by weeks or even months. That is why our https://www.cruisingearth.com/info/carnival/drydockschedule/"]Carnival Dry Dock Schedule here on Cruising Earth does not specify exact dates. There are also no guarantees with refurbishment/dry dock dates, there are two many factors that are involved that can change the schedule. Cruise lines do make all attempts to keep the original dates, because changes cost them money (cancelled cruises, rescheduling issues, etc.) The Carnival Victory dry dock was originally scheduled for this year but was pushed back to next year when the Carnival Triumph went into an extended dry dock earlier this year.

Checking booking dates and ship availability is a good way to try and nail down when the dry dock is actually scheduled, although it can take some time. From the quick search I just did there currently appears to be no down time scheduled to fit in a dry dock for the Carnival Victory anytime between January and May of next year. Although, like I said this could change.

Thanks for the great info, Greg! I just happened to get some new info from my travel agent today (she must have an "in" to finding this stuff out!): New dry dock date for the Carnival Victory is 9/25/2014 - 11/6/2014 !! Too bad it's not in time for my wedding, but from the sounds of it, it's still in *somewhat* decent shape. I think I prefer the ports better for that cruise as opposed to the other options anyway. :) Do you happen to know if cruise lines generally "give up" on minor fixes if it's going to dry dock soon, or do they still try to keep the ships in decent shape?
Thanks!

Glad you figured it out. I know you'd prefer to have the dry dock happen before your cruise, but with it now not being scheduled till September you can at least rule out the dry dock interfering with your Wedding Cruise.

As for your concerns about "giving up" on minor fixes - I wouldn't worry about that. Unless the dry dock is within a day or two of your cruise it will be business/repairs as usual. Dry docks are for the big overhauls. Things like mechanical repairs that require the ship to be out of the water, complete venue changes, shipwide carpeting, universal stateroom changes like tv replacements, etc. All the stuff that can't be done without disturbing paying guests onboard.

Great, thanks for the tips! Glad to hear it...and yes, looking at the positive, it is a GREAT thing that the dry dock will not be interfering with our wedding plans! Thanks, Greg!

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker