• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Covid-19 on Pride of America

They've let all the passengers off but several staff, 37, have tested positive. The negative tested crew are now faced with medical duties such as testing and caring for the sick. In fact, several travel nurses have since been allowed to board to help the sick. I have been told that since they are still under contract, they are prohibited from leaving the ship. My question is why won't they allow all who test negative to leave the ship. They are in HELL, food is horrible. My family and I have been spending hundreds to ship our loved ones decent non-perishable food items.

Thanks for reporting this. It has definitely been missed/overlooked by the major media outlets, in fact there does not appear to be any news on this specific ship and its' current conditions, that we can find.

I'm concluding from what you wrote you have multiple family members who are employees onboard?

Do you know if they have taken any employees who have tested positive off the ship for treatment in local hospitals?

Have you heard anything about the positive cases onboard? are they mild? are they severe and should be in a proper hospital for isolation and treatment?

Can any employees onboard directly report (anonymously in needed) on the ongoing conditions?

I actually only have one employee, my only son, who's 21yrs old. I stated "our loved ones" because i feel connected to some of the best friends he has met on the ship. Plus I didn't want the wrong eyes to figure out who I was. In part because the employee's on the ship are sworn to secrecy, but as a Critical care Registered Nurse, I know it's only a matter of time before my only son contracts it.
To answer your questions:
-Do you know if they have taken any employees who have tested positive off the ship for treatment in local hospitals?
No, they have not. They have set up isolation areas for the positive crew members, and have trained other crew members to care for them. As of today, the most severe only require oxygen.

Have you heard anything about the positive cases onboard? are they mild? are they severe and should be in a proper hospital for isolation and treatment?
There's a mix of mild to severe on board. My son phoned me 2 days ago scared and almost in tears cuz one of his older females was "getting sicker". I tried my best to help him care for her over the phone but mind you, my son is not a science major. At least not yet, despite being raised by a nurse. So, yes in my professional opinion, the afflicted, should be taken to a local hospital for appropriate care. Then the negative staff should be allowed to come home.

Can any employees onboard directly report (anonymously in needed) on the ongoing conditions?
From what Im hearing, NO. They have been warned and scared to death to report anything. In fact, I'm a bit fearful coming forward but I'd rather be known and upset my son, than to bury him.
Finally, can I please get confirmation that whomever I'm speaking with is the person the claim to be?

I was On the last voyage and by the last couple days people were coughing everywhere. Did they know there were sick crew members on board?? Me and my daughter are both sick.

I believe they knew but no one was talking. Are you & your daughter better? Did y'all ever test positive for Covid-19?

I’d like to know the answer to the above question.

My next comment relates to NCL sickness but an earlier cruise date of Feb. 8 - 15, 2020 on the Pride of America. On day three of the cruise, everyone was was being served all meals by staff, no self serve. This remained the status until we disembarked on day seven. I‘ve been on enough cruises to know that meant some type of sickness is going around the ship. We noticed people coughing, claiming they didn’t feel well and talked of feeling like they had the flu. The captain came on the intercom to announce , “There are flu like symptoms going around.”
Fewer people were dining in the common areas. Everyone disembarked on final day not knowing who or where the sick were. I checked the CDC when we got off and when we returned home, but nothing was posted.
Does anyone else have information.?

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker