• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Cruising on carnival to Jamaica. And Grand Cayman without passport

Jeangunt2019

My cabinmate is cruising to montego bay, grand cayman and cozumel. She does not travel much so wants to cruise without a passport. Will she be able to get off the ship at all these ports... Traveling March 2020. Thank you.

Yes, she will be able to get on and off the cruise ship without a passport. I believe the only Caribbean cruise port that requires a passport at this time is Martinique.

Passports are still recommended. If for any reason your friend misses the cruise ship at any port and/or has to fly back to the states due to an emergency, she will need a passport. If she does not have one she can be delayed for days or even weeks in that foreign country and the little bit of money she thought she'd save by not getting a passport will cost her a whole lot more.

US Passport cost = $145 and it is good for 10 years, that comes to less than $15/year to have one. It's a small price to pay for the peace of mind it will give her when leaving the country. She has plenty of time to get one, be sure she knows the downsides to not having one.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker