• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Carnival Cruise Lines Comedian Does His Part to Brighten the Lives of Children...

Cruising Earth News

Administrator
Staff member
Cowboys-Who-Care4.jpg-150x150.jpg
Cowboys-Who-Care1.jpg-150x150.jpg
Cowboys-Who-Care2.jpg-150x150.jpg
Cowboys-Who-Care3.jpg-150x150.jpg

Inspired by the courageous story of young girl who had lost her battle with a rare form of cancer, professional comedian “Cowboy” Bill Martin decided to do his part to make a difference in the lives of children with life-threatening illnesses, creating the Cowboys Who Care Foundation which provides financial support, smiles and free cowboy hats to these special children.

A regular performer in Carnival Cruise Lines’ Punchliner Comedy Clubs, Martin came up with the idea of providing cowboy hats as a unique way to bring smiles to kids’ faces. “As a father, I wanted to do something to help as all I could think about were these beautiful children with big smiles and bald heads. And then it hit me – no kid wants to wear a wig, but what kid wouldn’t want to wear a cowboy hat, healthy or otherwise?”

Since Cowboys Who Care was founded in May 2012, the organization has provided more than 1,600 cowboy hats to patients at children’s hospitals throughout the country, while raising funds to provide financial support to the children’s families.

While Martin’s primary focus is making guests laugh, during his performances at Carnival’s Punchliner Comedy Clubs the professional funnyman always makes it a point to remind guests that they too can make a difference in people’s lives. “Sure, I always want to keep ’em laughing but the Punchliner Comedy Clubs provide me with an incredible platform to remind people to cherish every moment and not to take the blessings of their lives for granted.”
Additional information on the Cowboys Who Care Foundation is available at http://www.cowboyswhocare.org/"]www.cowboyswhocare.org. Information on “Cowboy” Bill Martin is available at http://www.cowboybill.com/"]www.cowboybill.com.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker